Monday, March 28, 2011

Gonna Fly!

I fell off the horse. It started with a bad virus that had me sidelined. Then I just fell into a rut. I became overwhelmed with my PERCEIVED lack of progress. I failed to recognize the progress that I had accomplished thus far, which has been: down 22 lbs and I am wearing clothes that I wasn't able to wear three months ago.  I also failed to focus on the most important aspect of all this training: how I feel.

I lost focus as well. I allowed the chaos of others to infiltrate my life. It rocked my discipline. It took over space in my head that they weren't entitled to have. What was the most scary was that I wasn't even aware as to how much space and time they took over until I caught myself sleeping in until 6:00 am.

In the past four months, I was already at the gym for an hour and now I wasn't even out of bed. The time where I was excited about facing the day and hopping out of bed; of being awake before the clock chimed to wake me, was gone. I found myself sluggish and tired all day long. I found myself needing a nap instead of getting my second wind. I found this affecting other areas of my life as well: my business. I was unfocused and lacked concentration. By allowing their life to infiltrate mine, I in turn sacrificed what was my goal: healthy body, healthy mind. Their drama replaced my serene place. Well, no more I say to you!

Once again, this is my life to do with what I want!

Today I hit the gym with 60 mins of strength and cardio. And it truly was a busy and great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment